Tuesday, February 4, 2014

AY- I DON'T WRITE SONGS FOR JAGUAR

Ambwene Yessayah known by profession as AY the musician has denied rumors that he writes songs for Kenyan singer Jaguar. In a recent interview with a local television station on Friday, the rapper said that regardless of working on some projects with Jaguar, he has never helped him write his songs.

He firmly said, "He (Jaguar) is one of my best friends. We've worked and still continue to work together, but it's not true to say that i write songs for him. He is his own man, he has been in the industry for a long time and that makes him obviously one of the most experienced artists around. Even for our collaboration- Nimetoka Mbali, he penned his verses and i did mine. So, there is no question about his abilities and i believe it's very evident".

When asked on whether he feels threatened by the emergence of the young Tanzanian singer Diamond Platinumz, the 33 year-old Habari Ndio Hiyo rapper said, "Why should I feel like my music career is under threat? Every artist has his plans and strategies. I am not there to compete against anybody… my competition is against whoever is trying to make money just as i am… That's the real competition. After all, I will not be there for eternity".

According to reports, the two musicians are set to be collaborating on a new single.

No comments:

Post a Comment